KATOGO (STEWED CASSAVA AND BEANS)
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 35 minutes
Total time: 45 minutes
Meal type: Main dish
• 1 cup dried red beans, boiled till soft
• 2 pieces Cassava, cut in bite size
• 1 Carrot, chopped
• 3 tomatoes, chopped
• ½ cup Green bell pepper, chopped
• ½ cup Onion, sliced
• 3 Tbsp. Olive oil
• 1 cup Tomato sauce
• 2 cups Vegetable or chicken broth
• 4 Cloves garlic, crushed
• 1 Tbsp. Grated fresh ginger
• ½ tsp. Turmeric powder
• ½ tsp. Coriander powder
• ½ tsp. Chili powder
• ½ tsp. Salt
• 1 knorr cube
1. Heat oil in a large pot, sauté garlic and ginger until fragrant.
2. Next, add in the onion and sauté until translucent.
3. Add in the tomatoes and powder spices, sauté until looks like a paste.
4. Then, add the cassava, carrots, turmeric, coriander, chili powder and the broth. Stir slowly. Cover and simmer until cassava gets tender.
5. When cassava is tender, add the precooked red beans.
6. Lastly, pour in the tomato sauce and add the bell pepper. Season it with salt and knorr to taste then simmer for another 5 minutes.
7. Serve and enjoy.
*** The recipe and directions are mere guides on how to prepare the dish. Ingredients and outcome may differ according to preference or preparation.
Recipe from: https://saraprecipes.blogspot.com/2014/01/katogo-stewed-cassava-and-beans.html