White Beans Stew
Preparation time: 30 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
Total time: 45 minutes
Meal type: Main dish/Side dish
- 300g of choice protein (beef, chicken, fish) or 3-4 cups of stock
- 6 cups white beans of choice – boiled till tender (you can use a pressure cooker to make the beans cook faster)
- 3 tomatoes – chopped
- 1 medium onion – chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground white pepper
- 3 Maggi cubes
- 1/2 cup oil
- 1 carrot – chopped
- Salt to taste
- Chilli (optional ingredient)
- 5 garlic cloves – minced (optional ingredient)
- Place choice of protein in a pot, season with maggi, salt and onions until tender.
- Pour oil in a pot and heat on medium heat. Add in onions and sauté. Add in tomatoes and stir fry. Add in garlic and stir.
- Add in the white pepper and carrots then stir. Add stock, maggi cubes (if still needed) and salt to taste. Stir well and let simmer for 2 minutes,
- Add beans and mix to combine with the stew. Let it simmer for about 5-10 minutes. Add more water if you like it watery but if you like it thick, leave as it is. Taste to ensure that the seasoning is perfect.
- Serve with boiled rice, bread or with any side of choice.
*** The recipe and directions are mere guides on how to prepare the dish. Ingredients and outcome may differ according to preference or preparation
Recipe credit: https://www.preciouscore.com/white-bean-stew/
Photo credit: Adobe stock photos