No products in the cart.
Bitekuteku (Bitekoutekou) / Green Leaf / Efo Tete / Callaloo Soup
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 35 minutes
Total time: 45 minutes
Meal type: Main dish/Side dish
• 200g smoked turkey (you can use beef, chicken or fish)
• 1 packet of dry catfish
• 2 packets of bitekuteku
• 3 cups of green onions, chopped (optional)
• 2 small eggplants (garden egg), peeled
• 1 onion, chopped
• 2 spoons of crayfish
• 2 knorr cubes
• Salt to taste
• Optional ingredients: ground peanuts
1. In a large saucepan, season smoked turkey with salt, knorr and onions, then boil until tender.
2. Remove cooked turkey from broth and pour in bitekuteku leaves. Cook for about 10 minutes.
3. Add washed dry catfish and let boil for about 10 minutes. (Also wash dry catfish will salt – especially the skin – to remove any lingering oil or dirt).
5. Cook until desired consistency (add a bit of water if necessary, but usually not.)
*** The recipe and directions are mere guides on how to prepare the dish. Ingredients and outcome may differ according to preference or preparation
Photo credit: https://deskgram.net/explore/tags/bitekuteku