No products in the cart.
Fried Yam Recipe
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
Total time: 20 minutes
Meal type: Main dish/Side dish
Country/Region: African / Carribean
- Cut yam into 1 inch circular disks and cut circles further into semi circles or finger slices as preferred.
- Peel the back/skin off the yams.
- Place yams in salt water as they are peeled (this prevents them from turning brown while you cut up the rest).
- Strain water from peeled yams.
- Sprinkle salt to taste on yams.
- Heat up oil in frying pan. You can also use a deep fryer to fry the yams. The settings for yams in a deep fryer would be the same for chips.
- Once oil is hot, place yam slices in pan and fry each side till you get a hint of golden colour. (You can fry it a bit more if you prefer it to be very crispy).
- Serve as side dish with beans or stew. You can also use as a main dish with eggs for breakfast.
*** The recipe and directions are mere guides on how to prepare the dish. Ingredients and outcome may differ according to preference or preparation
Photo credit: https://guardian.ng/life/food/fried-yam-recipe/